Not too long ago, the hot housing market was characterized by historically low interest rates, high demand, low inventory, rising home prices, and bidding wars. Waiving home inspections or financing and appraisal contingencies (or all three) wasn't uncommon for winning offers, and shoppers lost out on properties left and right. In a cooler market, many people who want to buy are sitting on the fence, wondering what to do. If that’s you, you've come to the right place—we’re here to let you know that now is a good time to buy a home! Let’s take a look at some reasons why.
10 reasons now is a good time to buy a home
To start, we’ve compiled this list of 10 stand-out reasons for you to take action toward your homeownership goals today.
10. Sellers and builders may be motivated and offering big incentives.
9. Seller credits can be used to pay for closing costs or buy down the interest rate.
8. There’s no reason to waive a home inspection.
7. Fewer buyers could mean less competition.
6. Making an offer above the listing price may no longer be necessary.
5. There’s no reason to waive a financing or appraisal contingency.
4. Paying your own mortgage can lead to home equity for you. Paying rent can build a landlord’s home equity.
3. Rent prices could continue to rise year after year.
2. Homeownership has always been a great way to increase wealth.1
1. Homeownership changes lives!
Buyer Booster program
If the above reasons weren’t enough, we’ve introduced a new and exclusive program to our lineup of offerings: Buyer Booster. This program allows homebuyers to buy now and boost their refinancing power with a credit of $2,500 toward a refinance through Evergreen Home Loans™ before March 31, 2026. Eligible property types include primary residences, second homes, and investment properties.
How it works:
- Get a home loan through Evergreen Home Loans™ between December 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, and you’ll receive a certificate for a $2,500 credit for a future refinance with us.
- Use the Evergreen Home Loans refinance credit before March 31, 2026.
As you’ve seen over the years, interest rates can fluctuate. If they end up dropping before the credit expiration date, we want to help homebuyers take advantage of a more favorable rate with an added boost.
As you begin your home buying process, and if you want to take advantage of our Buyer Booster program, it’s a good idea to connect with an Evergreen loan officer. They’ll help determine if you can get pre-approved so that you know what you may qualify for and what price range you can afford—this could save you time and money. Then, it’s beneficial to identify how much down payment and monthly payment works for your individual situation. And you’ll want to be sure to factor in additional moving costs and incidental spending when you’re considering your financing options.
Our team of experts is here to help you explore different home financing options and find a solution that meets your individual needs and allows you to realize your homeownership dreams in any housing market. You can find a local loan officer here.
Source: National Association of Realtors (NAR) https://www.keepingcurrentmatters.com/2022/03/28/a-key-to-building-wealth-is-homeownership/
Offer valid on purchase and refinance loans closed between 12/1/2022 and 6/30/2023. The qualified borrower(s) will receive one $2,500 lender credit certificate redeemable towards a refinance on the same property. Offer is non-transferrable and may not be applied to other transactions. The refinance application date must be on or before 3/31/2026. This is not a commitment to lend. Program is subject to change without notice. Not all applicants will qualify. Not all products available. Additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply. Call for details.
Program effective 12/12/2022 and is subject to change. Terms, restrictions and fees apply. For purchase loans only. Financing based on conforming loan limits. Not all applicants will qualify. Program only valid in select locations. Ask for details.