VA Home Loan
A powerful home loan for Veterans
The Veterans Administration (VA) offers one of the most flexible loan programs for eligible* Veterans. No down payment financing is available. For eligible homebuyers with full entitlement, there are no loan limits. For homebuyers with less than full entitlement, conforming loan limits apply.
Debt-to-income ratios are also flexible and include consideration for geographic location, family size, and residual income.
- A down payment is not required.
- There is no mortgage insurance requirement.
- Qualifying conditions are less stringent.
- No loan limits for eligible homebuyers with full entitlement.
- A VA funding fee is required.
- Veterans are responsible for closing costs and prepaid items.
- VA loans are for purchases of primary residences only.
*For information on how to secure a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), visit here.