Evergreen Privacy Notice
What does Evergreen Moneysource Mortgage (dba Evergreen Home Loans™) do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number
- Account balances
- Payment history
- Credit scores
- Credit history
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business.
When does Evergreen share your personal information?
- We share your personal information only to meet our everyday business obligations, such as processing your transactions, maintaining your accounts, responding to court orders, participating in legal investigations, or reporting to credit bureaus.
- In order to provide product and services that may be beneficial to you, we may share personal information for joint marketing with other non-affiliated companies, such as insurance or financial service providers. We will only disclose your personal information when you direct or give us permission to do so. We ensure the companies are contractually obligated to protect your information and sharing is limited only to what is needed to provide requested services.
If you are a new customer:
If you are a current servicing customer:
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
We collect your personal information when you:
- Apply for a loan.
- Give us your income information.
- Provide employment information.
- Provide account information.
- Give us your contact information.
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing information about your creditworthiness for affiliates’ everyday business purposes.
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you.
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you.
See below for more about your rights under state law. When you limit sharing for an account you hold jointly, your choices will apply to everyone on that account.
affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Evergreen Home Loans does not have any affiliates.
joint marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Evergreen Home Loans does not perform joint marketing.
nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. Evergreen Home Loans does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
Other important information
Evergreen Home Loans is a registered trade name of Evergreen Moneysource Mortgage Company NMLS ID 3182.
Vermont residents only: In accordance with Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our corporate family, except as permitted by law, such as with your consent, to service your accounts or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We will not share information about your creditworthiness within our corporate family except with your authorization or consent, but we may share information about our transactions or experiences with you within our corporate family without your consent.
California residents only: In accordance with California law, we will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of Evergreen Home Loans, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts, or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law.
Nevada residents only: Nevada Statute Section 228.600 (3) allows marketing calls to our existing customers listed on the National Do Not Call Registry. If you prefer not to receive marketing calls from us, you may be placed on our Internal Do Not Call List by calling us at 877-242-2014 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Pacific time, or by writing to us at EVERGREEN HOME LOANS, 15405 SE 37th Street, Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98006.
For more information, contact us at the address above, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Annual Notice” in the subject line.
You may also contact the Nevada Attorney General’s office:
Bureau of Consumer Protection Office of the Nevada Attorney General
555 E. Washington Street, Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101
New Mexico residents only: Complies with New Mexico Statute 59A-12-10 that restricts disclosure of nonpublic customer information for purpose of the sale of insurance.
Texas residents only: By state law, Evergreen Home Loans is subject to regulatory oversight by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Evergreen Home Loans should contact the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner through one of the following methods:
- In person or by US mail: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78705-4207
- Telephone: 800-538-1579
- Fax: 512-936-7610
- Email: email@example.com
Last Updated: March 1, 2022
1. OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
- How information about you is collected;
- How we use and with whom we share this information;
- How you can access and update this information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
Evergreen Home Loans collects information from consumers, customers, and Website visitors and also obtains information from third parties (including from service providers) in the course of providing our mortgage and loan origination services (our “Services”), which we may add to the data we obtain directly from you or that we generate about you during the course of our relationship. The information collected includes:
- Personal and Loan-related Information. You may provide us information about you, which may include personal information and information relating to or necessary for the initiation, processing, or completion of certain financial transactions, including the application for and issuance of loans.
- Transactional Information. We may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events. This transactional information is generally collected: (i) to enable our Services, including application and loan document creation, origination, management, and distribution, (ii) to enable the services provided by third parties (including determinations regarding qualification for loans or the interest rates to be applied to loans), and (iii) to enable Evergreen Home Loans to comply with various legal obligations.
- Device and Usage Information. Like most online services, our Website collects standard technical, non-personal information when you use it, including browser types, Internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on our Website, the information you search for, and the dates and times that you visit our Website.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We, and service providers working on our behalf, use information collected in a variety of ways intended to provide our Website and Services and to operate our business, including the following:
- To Provide our Services. We use the information that we collect: (i) to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide our Website and our Services, (ii) to provide other services and information that you request, and (iii) to provide customer support to you and other parties.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Website and Services. We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Website and Services; to improve our Website and Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; to personalize our Website and Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our Website; or to provide customized content and information.
- To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes, such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications relating to our Website and Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
- Aggregate Data. We aggregate data collected and use it for purposes such as creating and sharing reports about the use of our products and services, including users’ interests, usage patterns, and trends.
- Other Legitimate Business Purposes. We may use information collected for other legitimate business purposes not otherwise prohibited by law. We may also use information collected for purposes for which we obtain your consent.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide our Services such as to access credit data for loan or transaction processing or administration, Website hosting and other similar services, development and maintenance, advertising and marketing services, and other services related to our Website and Services. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Evergreen Home Loans or to you.
In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, usage patterns, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) to enforce our agreements, policies, and terms of service; (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website or Services; (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Evergreen Home Loans, our users, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Other Legitimate Business Purposes. We may share information collected for other legitimate business purposes not otherwise prohibited by law.
5. OUR POLICY CONCERNING CHILDREN
Our Website is not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through our Website. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through our Website, we will take steps to delete such information.
6. PRIVACY POLICIES OF LINKED SITES AND ADVERTISERS
Evergreen Home Loans has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, and to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective all of the time against all security threats.
9. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
In compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you have the right to:
- Request that we delete any personal information about you which we collected from you.
- Request that we disclose to you, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If applicable, request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- If applicable, direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You may submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act through the following methods:
- If you are an Evergreen Home Loan customer, you can access and update certain personal information in connection with your account or application by logging into your account online.
- You may contact us at via our website at https://www.evergreenhomeloans.com/contact-us and request to review, amend or delete certain personal information collected by us.
- You may also send us a written request at:
Evergreen Home Loans
15405 SE 37th Street, Suite 200
Bellevue, WA 98006
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your Social Security number, ZIP code, and/or loan number. We will match the personal information that you provide to us with personal information that we already maintain about you in order to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf by sending us your written authorization to 15405 SE 37th Street, Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98006. We may require verification of the identity of the authorized agent.
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive, but if we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know our reasons. Please note that we may not be able to delete all information we collect as some information we are legally required to retain.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.
We collect “personal information,” as defined by the CCPA, about you. This includes, but is not limited to, personal information such as:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, or any other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (sex, race, ethnicity, age).
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
- Any other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
We may use your personal information for business purposes such as:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non-personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with the business, provided that personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with the business.
- Performing services on behalf of the business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business.
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to you provided that, for the purpose of advertising and marketing, a service provider or contractor will not combine the personal information of opted-out consumers that the service provider or contractor receives from, or on behalf of, the business with personal information that the service provider or contractor receives from, or on behalf of, another person or persons or collects from its own interaction with consumers.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
- Any commercial purposes, including any purpose to advance your commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing you to buy, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
10. CONTACT US
Or write at:
Evergreen Home Loans
15405 SE 37th Street,
Suite 200 Bellevue, WA 98006