Nothing says it’s the holiday season like a home full of loved ones. While being surrounded by your family and friends is what makes the holidays extra special, having house guests brings with it a lot of hard work. By planning ahead and taking care of household tasks now, you’ll be sure to have a relaxing and joyous time with your nearest and dearest.
- Focus on popular common areas and start by decluttering
- Stock your pantry with easy snacks for pop-by guests
- Get gift shopping and wrapping completed early to avoid crowds
- Prepare your bathrooms with additional supplies and basic mini toiletries
- Ensure the path to your home’s prominent entrance is clear of any clutter or yard debris
- If children will be joining your holiday festivities, plan a few kid-friendly activities and have some toys or coloring books on hand
- Make sure your guests have ample room to store suitcases and holiday gifts in their sleeping quarters
- Put out clean towels and wash clothes for each guest
- Make guestroom beds with clean sheets and provide extra blankets for chilly evenings
- If your guests plan to bring their pets, set up a safe place for them to stay
Hosting guests is a lot of fun, but can also be overwhelming. Preparation and planning are key to a successful and stress-free holiday season. Make your guests feel welcome and enjoy their company by prepping your home now for the holiday season.